17 Nov What every accident victim must know
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer : What every accident victim must know
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer specialises in providing legal aid to victims of motorcycle accidents. These victims have to deal with serious personal injury, property damage and emotional and psychological trauma. Sometimes, injuries are so severe that victim might have to lose a limb, sustain damage to brain or spinal cord, be paralysed for life, or even meet an untimely death. The worst part in all this is that, more often than not, the fault is of some other party.The other driver may have been careless, or the road or vehicle may have not been properly maintained or some other problem may have arisen because of somebody else’s negligence.Therefore, a good attorney is needed to help the victim obtain justice.
What every victim should do after the accident?
- Do not delay in hiring an attorney to discuss your case with. After getting proper medical attention, this is the first thing that you should do. In fact, to emphasise the importance of haste, many states have a time limit after the accident within which a lawsuit has to be filed.
- Give your attorney complete and honest information about the entire incident. Provide him with all documents, details, bill, records and any other thing that he asks for.
- Let him know about any potential witness who might be able to help your case. He will contact them and arrange for them to give their testimony.
- Follow your attorney’s instruction to the letter. Always remember, he is on your side and every step he takes brings you closer to justice.
Duties and responsibilities of a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer:
- The first responsibility of the attorney is to determine who should be held responsible for the incident. For this, he should figure out the underlying cause and the human element behind it. Then, he should be able to conclusively prove in a court of law that the accused neglected his duty, because of which a catastrophic accident occurred, in which his client suffered personal injury.
- Secondly, the attorney has to determine punitive damages which should be reimbursed to his client. He will make a list of all medical bills, value of damaged property, cost of therapy and rehabilitation and any other related expenditure and then present the sum total as the amount for compensation.
- As with the allegation against the accused, when it comes to asking for compensation, here also the attorney should be able to present concrete evidence in support of his claim. Everything should be acceptable to the judge and jury before it can gain the court’s approval.
- After all the necessary groundwork has been done, a lawyer needs to begin the process of filing a motion and getting everything started. He should keep his client informed at every step. He should be able to handle all queries and objections in the best possible manner. Finally, he should guide his client in giving proper testimony and facing the cross-examination.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer is there for your protection and guidance. These people know that they can never truly recover what you have lost, but they work relentlessly to make sure that you get justice and compensation for your suffering. Having a good lawyer is a must for every victim of a bike accident.